Considering the popular saying by Chairman Mao “If you don’t get to the Great Wall you’re not a good man.” (不到长城非好汉。) we take you on a tour to the magnificent eighth wonder of the world.
Divided into sections, the most preserved and best to cover the beauty of the wall is the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- A hike to the best and completely restored section at Mutianyu.
- Getting engulfed into the least crowded, richly architected and with the most watchtower section of the Great Wall.
- An easy visit with the option of taking a cable car or a toboggan. Avoiding the tiring 800 steps hike.
- A peaceful scenery with a 90% covering of the green pines and cypresses.
- An expert guide to escort you in the hike.
- A China Highlights kiosk that provides free water and hiking equipment.
Guide Driver Vehicle and Customer Service Support
Guide: A fully experienced and English speaking guide, better than the normal ones.
Driver: A minimum 5 year experienced and license holding driver.
Vehicle: A comfortable business car (Air conditioned, spaced, 7 seat, GPS ready)
China Highlights Beijing: Round the clock customer service and support to solve queries anytime.
The Great Wall at Mutianyu Hiking Map
11:30 am – 1:30 pm
A well informed and experienced guide will be waiting in the lobby with a placard with your name. A 1 ½ hour drive to Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, a short rest there and a delicious lunch to munch on from the Xinshuangquan restaurant.
- Before the tour date: Research well regarding the tour details (guide, driver, pick-up time). The site is https://www.trippest.com/track-your-trip.html, the information is updated 24 hours prior to the tour. In case of any query contact the trip advisor.
- Proper and comfortable hiking shoes.
- Prepare before-hand and have a proper lunch.
- Remember the mountainous part has no shops and the weather is unpredictable.
- A private airport transfer cane be provided at a cost of USD $18 p/p. Click here to book the transfer.
- To avoid public transport hassle, the tour vehicle can take you to the foot of the Great Wall.
1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Done with the lunch, we arrive at the Great Wall, the China Highlights Kiosk will provide the hiking pole and drinking water. The shuttle shall then take you to the Mutianyu tourist area.
On reaching the tourist area, you have two options to travel up or down the wall, either a toboggan/chairlift or a cable car (both are round way). The choice is yours as the chairlift and cable car takes 7 minutes while the climbing the steps takes 45 minutes.
The cable car descends and ascends from the 14th watchtower. The walk east from here to the 23rd tower takes you to the most beautiful part of the Great Wall’s Mutianyu section. The chairlift goes up to the 6th tower, with a challenging hike from there to the 23rd tower. Depending on the physical condition, many customers return from the 14th tower back to the 6th. A fun filled toboggan ride down the mountain is also option. For single way trip, an extra CNY80 is to be paid by you personally.
The visits are scheduled in the afternoon to avoid crowds and traffic jams.
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
From the foot of the Great Wall a shuttle will transport you to the parking lot. A back to hotel transfer shall be by about 6:00 pm.
You may follow us on Facebook and get informed about the latest photos, updates and posts to guide you through the tour. https://www.facebook.com/trippest/
Some important Notes:
In case you want to leave Beijing after the day tour, remember to checkout from the hotel before departing. The estimated time to complete the checkout is 10 to 20 minutes. For a quick transfer to the airport it is better to leave the luggage in the tour car. An approximate 1 hour is required to reach the airport. The airport check-in time is 1.5 hours before a domestic flight and 2.5 hours in case of an international one. Arrangement scan be made to your ease if you inform us of the departure time and update the guide as well. The price is USD $18 per person as we provide private airport / train station to transfer.
|Season||Adult (age 12+)||Child (age 2-11)||Infant (age<2)|
|Shoulder Season||$89 USD||$79 USD||free|
|Peak Season||$99 USD||$79 USD||free|
The following dates fall into the peak season; 29th April 2017 – 1st May 2017, 1st October 2017 – 8th October 2017, 30th December 2017 – 1st January 2018, 15th February 2018 – 22nd February 2018. Rest are the dates that fall into the shoulder season.
The tour shall be shared with other tourist (max 6 persons).
The tour is on daily basis with guaranteed departures.
We do not recommend this tour for seniors (80+) and family travels with infants. A private tour is highly suggested for the best experience. Contact Us.
- Entrance fees to the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- The travelling between the Beijing hotel and the Great Wall.
- The lunch price at Xinshuangquan Restaurant.
- The English speaking tour guide service.
- Water on the Great Wall
- Transfer via shuttle bus from Gate of the Great Wall at the Mutianyu to the foot of the Great Wall.
- Round way cable car or round way chair lift (or toboggan) trip.
- Extra expenses apart from the itinerary.
- Tips and gratuities to the driver and the guide. It is not compulsory but can encourage them.
- Transfer to the airport. Click here to book airport transfer service. (price from 18 USD p/p.)
China Highlights Cancellation Policy
- An inability of the to complete the contract in case of typhoon, war, fire, strikes or any other condition or unpredictable calamity, the customers shall be informed accordingly. The bill shall be prepared in accordance with the services that have been provided.
- Up to 7 days before departing: A 100% refund can be availed in this case. Yet the penalties charged by the hotels, railway and airlines are excluded from the refund. All the items shall be listed individually.
- From 3 to 7 days before departing: a 90% refund is possible, yet the same conditions and penalties will be excluded from this.
- Within 3 days: no payback.
- Once the trip has started: An inability to join the trip or being absent from the trip will not result in the refund.
- For groups of more than 10 people: the cancellation policy is dependent on the situation in this case and the travel advisor needs to be consulted for this.
About 72-Hour Visa-Free Transit Policy
Residents of a few specific countries are allowed the option of availing a 72-hour visa free transit. This policy can allow visitors to travel in nine Chinese cities without a visa. These cities include Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xi’an, Guilin, Shenyang, and Dalian. Kindly ensure that you have read the criteria and the guidelines for the visa-free transit policy. Note that China Highlights will not be held liable for any damages or losses suffered by customers suing the visa-free transit policy. more details
> Hotel pick-up and drop-off
China Highlights offers to pick and drop you from the hotel without any extra charges if you your hotel pickup or drop off location is not beyond Beijing’s fourth ring road. In this situation extra charges may apply. The travel guide shall inform you regarding the charges that will be applied.